This open house was active from June 28-July 14, 2021. Information on this website may no longer be current. Email us for more information.
We're sorry we can't bring you cookies in person, but here is a recipe you can make at home.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals ½ cup sugar)
- 2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour (8 oz)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (make sure it's fresh)
- ⅓ cup mini dark chocolate chips (2 oz), divided
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 foil liners and grease the liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the ingredients by hand in the order listed, starting with the liquid ingredients: eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and stevia.
- Mix in the almond flour, whisking until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Mix in the sea salt and the baking soda. Then fold the chocolate chips in, reserving about ½ oz of them to scatter on top of the muffins.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly among the muffin liners. Scatter the reserved chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 325°F for about 20 minutes, or until they are puffed and golden and an inserted toothpick comes out dry. This should take about 20 minutes at 325°F. Cool about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then serve.
Recipe provided by Daniel Erpenbach, Senior Project Manager